Here are some best practices for preparing for your furniture delivery:
- Measure your space and delivery path - Make sure that the furniture you order will fit through all the doorways, hallways, and stairways in your home. You may also need to measure the space where the furniture will be placed to make sure that it has enough room to maneuver.
- Plan your room design - Once you know the dimensions of your furniture, you can start to plan how you want to arrange it in your home. This will help you determine where to place the furniture in your home and how much space you need to clear.
- Plan to dispose of old furniture - If you are replacing old furniture, you will need to plan how you will dispose of it. You may be able to donate it to a charity, recycle it, or have it picked up by a junk removal service. We cannot dispose of furniture.
- Clean any clutter and remove items that might get damaged - Before the delivery, clean any clutter from the delivery path and remove any items that could get damaged during the delivery. This includes fragile items, like lamps or vases, as well as any loose rugs or carpets.
- Secure any pets or children - If you have pets or children, make sure that they are secured during the delivery. This will help to prevent them from getting injured or from interfering with the delivery process.
- Be home during the delivery window - It is important to be home during the delivery window so that you can accept the delivery and inspect the furniture. If you are not home, the delivery may be rescheduled, or the furniture may be left at your door.
- Let our team know about any specific instructions - Some deliveries have specific requirements that our team needs to be aware of prior to delivery. For example, they may need you to remove the doors from doorways or to provide a lift for furniture that cannot be carried upstairs.
- Be patient and understanding - Furniture delivery can be a complex process, so it is important to be patient and understanding with the delivery team. If there are any problems with the delivery, try to work with the team to resolve them.
By following these best practices, you can help to ensure that your furniture delivery goes smoothly and that you are happy with your new furniture.